No products in the cart.
Recipe: Easy Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup shortening regular or Hi-Ratio
- 1 cup lightly salted butter room temperature
- 2 tbsp meringue powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp butter flavoring
- 1/4 tsp lemon extract
- 1/4 tsp orange extract
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- 4-6 tbsp water depending on consistency desired
- 1/4 tsp fine salt fine sea salt or table salt
- Measure water, put in small cup and add salt. Stir to dissolve.
- In large bowl (standing mixer recommended), mix butter and shortening on low until combined.
- Add meringue powder and all flavorings and extracts. Mix on low to combine.
- Add powdered sugar gradually, still mixing on low.
- Gradually add salted water and mix on low for 1-2 minutes until well combined, scraping paddle and sides of bowl as necessary.
- If you are using Hi-Ratio shortening, increase your mixing time to 5-7 minutes.