No products in the cart.
Recipe: Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Servings: 20-24 Cookies
Prep Time: 30-40 Minutes
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cups sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 325°F.
- Put the butter, sugar, and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Cream on low speed until the mixture is uniformly blended, with no pieces of butter remaining (approximately 2 to 3 minutes).
- Add the cocoa, egg, and vanilla. Mix on low for 1 to 2 minutes, then stop and scrape with a rubber spatula.
- Mix on low speed until the mixture resembles chocolate frosting (approximately 2 to 3 minutes). Stop and scrape.
- Add the milk and paddle for 30 seconds to blend.
- Put the flour and baking powder in a separate mixing bowl and stir together with a fork or whisk.
- Add the flour and baking powder mixture to mixer bowl and paddle on low speed until well mixed.
- Scrape and mix for another minute on low speed.
- With the mixer running on low speed, add the chocolate chips and mix just until evenly distributed (about 1 minute).
- Break the dough into small pieces and roll between the palms of your hands to form 24 meatball-sized balls.
- Place on two nonstick cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until the cookies re flat and hot, approximately 13 to 15 minutes. Cookies will look undone, but will gently finish baking after you remove them from the oven. Do not leave the oven on for more than 15 minutes no matter what. Remove the cookie sheets from the oven.
- As soon as the cookies can be moved, use a spatula to transfer them to a cooling rack and let cool.
- Keep cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can continue to eat them for up to 1 week, but the cookie will harden after 3 days.